The Leader in Safety & Loss Control
Scott Oxman is Executive Loss Control Specialist for Oxman Safety. He began independent safety and loss prevention consulting in 1996 following a 20-year career in insurance and reinsurance loss control. Scott worked with the consultants for Ken Blanchard – author of The One Minute Manager – to assist in the development of a revolutionary new safety technology that uniquely integrates the disciplines of safety management and performance management. The resulting model has been proven effective in helping visionary clients to save lives, dramatically reduce claim frequency and slash loss costs while bulletproofing clients. Scott is known for his expertise in the hospitality, entertainment, airline, construction, education, manufacturing, transportation and service sectors throughout the U.S., Caribbean and Mexico. He is also an expert witness for hotels and educational institution clients. Scott earned a B.Sc. Degree in Health Science & Safety with an Emphasis in Industrial Safety from San Diego State University in 1976. His career in the safety profession began that same year in multiple-line loss control in the Safety Department of a major U.S. insurer where he worked 10 years. He became Vice President Safety for a global insurance broker and reinsurance company over the next 10 years while working with many Fortune 500 companies and large organizations. Scott is a safety leader, educator and facilitator who has specialized in positioning organizations for optimal safety performance.
His expertise includes:
- Conducting executive- and supervisor-level safety and performance management assessments with meaningful recommendations and timelines for completion;
- Developing and delivering innovative turn-key bilingual safety training curriculums;
- Designing, implementing and maintaining successful safety cultures using proven safety performance models that helps clients identify organizational road-blocks that hamper safety performance while achieving remarkable reductions in loss costs;
- Conducting behavioral observations, customized regulatory compliance surveys and safety inspections;
- Coaching and motivating executive and employee Injury Prevention Teams;
- Interfacing with insurers, reinsurers, legal & claims departments, subcontractors and risk management consultants;
Scott taught Essentials of Safety (ARM 55) in the Associate in Risk Management curriculum. His safety work has been published and quoted in American Association of Hotel & Lodging Engineers Magazine, Risk Management Trends, Business Insurance, National Underwriter, Claims, BizAssure and National Association of Hotel and Lodging Engineers magazines. He was a speaker at national Risk and Insurance Managers (RIMS) conferences for four consecutive years. Scott recently addressed the Society of Risk Management Consultants (SRMC) on the subject of Hospitality Industry Loss Prevention and Sustainability Prudent Practices in his Safety-in-the-News Briefing. Scott was the technical writer for the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) Educational Institute’s updated Lodging SafetyWorks bilingual DVD. He was active in the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA) Loss Prevention Council wherein he served as the elected consultant for 12 years. Scott received the prestigious Scrivener Award from the American Society of Safety Engineers for his published work, Finding A Room For Safety – A Return-to-Work Solution.